2012年4月26日木曜日

Can I run dual monitors on my PC with one video card that has VGA and DVI output?

I just bought a new monitor and I am trying to extend my desktop across them both. I currently have an ATI 9700 AGP gfx card and tried installing a second card (an old Voodoo3 PCI) and running each monitor on its own card. I am having trouble with that, so now I am just considering buying a new card (Leadtek WinFast A7600GT probably) in hopes that it will solve my problems.



I just want to make sure I can run the dual monitors off that new card if I do purchase it.



Or if anybody has any recommendations on making the cards that I have now work? Computer recognizes them both, sets the AGP ATI card as primary and works on one monitor. But whenever I go to settings in my display controls and try to enable the 2nd monitor on the voodoo3, my computer freezes and crashes.|||The 7600GT will have dual monitor support.





My guess is that the old drivers for the Vodoo 3 are causing the crash.



I didn't know anyone still had one of the Vodoo 3's. :)|||YES and it is wonderful!!!, the only problem is that you have to buy an adapter (DVI to VGA) for a monitor if it only has VGA.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿