2012年4月26日木曜日

Is it worth buying a new video card to use DVI cables instead of VGA?

I have a AMD 2500+ system with AGP, a GeForce FX5200 card and a 2048x1152 23" LCD Dell monitor.



The FX5200 doesn't support this high resolution through DVI, so I have to use VGA.



Is it worth $60-70 to get a new video card in order to have a card that can support this resolution in DVI?



I don't play video games much anymore so that's not a huge issue.|||you wont notice the difference unless you watch high resolution movies or play video games. I have a 9800GTX+ that has 2 DVI ports, one of which is converted for vga, and the difference is only noticeably when I start playing some games, but from those specs I don't think you plan on doing that so its not worth the $60-70 upgrade|||The difference between DVI and VGA is not too much, certainly not the $60-70 difference. But if you're looking for more graphics power, then it would be worth the upgrade|||what do you use it for? I would get one nicer than that, well I have a GTX 260 and I am very impressed. Great price - quality it supports all the way up to 2500x1650 or something like that.|||The main point about DVI is that it has great quality and doesn't get the analog signal noise that VGA does. However, since display cables are typically short, you won't see a difference. Other than that, DVI hookups into LCDs don't require signal adjusting (like horizontal/vertical position, stretching, etc.)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿