2012年4月26日木曜日

Can I use DVI instead of AGP?

I ordered a New Graphics video card that fits inside my computer its just that when I ordered it I thought it would have the blue plug-in part that my monitor plugs into. The new graphics card doesn't have the blue plug in to plug the monitor into. I think what I need is a DVI cord. Is this correct? I have a slot in my monitor that looks alot like the one on my graphics card. Will i see my desktop displayed on my computer monitor if i get the DVI cord?|||Yes, that is correct. If the slots look the same, you definitely have DVI. You can purchase a cable for a pretty reasonable price at the usual stores...Wal-mart has one for $13.88. I'm sure online retailers like newegg or tigerdirect would be able to beat that.



And yes, your desktop will be displayed correctly. Just make sure to install the graphics card and drivers before making the switch, otherwise you will not see anything. Gotta have the drivers to run. ;)|||Blue is VGA, white is DVI. So as long as your computer and monitor both have the same color/type, you'll be fine as long as you have the correct cord.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿